Saturday 19 May 2007

First whinge of the day.. TV and News



Have you been watching American Idol? Ok, I missed it last night as I was out on a wine binge with my workmates.. yes I know, doesn't sound very good but you only live ONCE! Anyway, I can't believe those Americans!! How could they? They didn't vote to 'save' Melinda!! So now it'll be a 17 year old albeit gifted kid (Jordin) vs. the white 'beat bop' wonder (Blake) in the finals!! Honestly.. are they as deaf or in this age of P.C. (and acronyms - politically correct) 'tunefully challenged' as they are thick?? Someone tell me... please how could Melinda NOT be a sure banker for the finals? You should have seen the look on Simon Cowell's face.. disbelief, shock, dismay! Even he had thought she was a definite! Or maybe America thought that to and only casted their votes so it'd be one of the other 2 up against her. Anyway like I said, unbelievable!

O and did you watch the FA Cup Final... Ok, I tuned in after the first 90mins(I can hear all the men at this point sighing... and thinking women!), and was rooting for Man U... don't get me wrong, I can't stand either of these teams in the premiership.... And being a REAL Red staunch supporter ... aka Liverpool fan, who can blame me? .. However, when it comes to them two, I will take Man U any day, anytime!! Just to see the look of 'the agony of defeat' on Jose's face.. :). Alas I was not to be rewarded, them Man U twits allowed Drogba to score!! Unbelievable!! But o such delight it was to see him humbled at Anfield when they dared to think they'd win and go ahead to the Champions League Finals.. ha ha and ha again!! So onto Athens it is on Wednesday.. wish us luck.. hopefully and it'll go into penalties again... YES, victorious we will be. But then again, it may silence them once and for all if we whooped them 3-1 in the first 60 mins of the game itself, with NO room for further scores.. at least on their part. 'May the force be with us'.

What's next.. O I was reading the Daily Mail.. I am an avid Mail weekend reader... some say it reflects my rather 'leftist' nature.. o well, what do they know! Anyway page 3 (no, not that kind of page 3... sorry to disappoint y'all) has this story of an MP, his wife and the man he is leaving her for.. all looking chummy! It's odd to me that after 14 years of marriage and 2 kids u can leave a woman for a man... how did that happen? Or maybe I'm just old fashioned and don't understand the way of the world... but really.. and why would I if I was the aggrieved wife, want to meet the 'home-wrecker' (at the end of the day, man o, woman o... na home wrecker!) who aided in sending my marriage to the dumps?? At this point, as this is public, me thinks me should keep my comments to myself!

O and another thing, this week MPs in the UK voted to keep their spending secret from us, the public! Err guys (and gals too) have you forgotten or shall I say momentarily 'not remembered' who got you where you are today? If you have indeed suffered from a momentary lapse of memory, I'd like to remind you that's it's we - the voting public who foolishly 'allowed' you in to represent or should that be 'present' our views. It is therefore our right to hold you liable and responsible and hence therefore our right to ensure that you spend our hard-earned tax payers cash WISELY and not on such trivial things as first class tickets to wherever it is you say you go to, which usually is outside of your constituency anyway! Just in case you don't know, I for one could use MY hard earned tax to buy my pretty little feet more shoes to 'shod' them in!

So that's the end of day 1.. hope to be back 2mrw... catch u later and enjoy the rest of your evening...

-'boo.

1 comment:

NK Dee Online said...

miss dami boo na wa for you oh!!! yes you are not the only whinge bag, but my God I could not keep up with you. As for American idol, Melinda was robbed! forget all those blue peeps - how many of them have a REAL champions league cup in their cupboard? oh yep I forgot None of them... up with the reds I say; AC milan had their day... as for the chip and bin yes up for recycling.... check out the hypocrite - butg hey if i have to pay it will force me to recycle. Anyhow got to go...... see you again