Sunday 20 May 2007

My Rights!

Dateline: 12:36pm and am watching the Politics Show on BBC 1 for want of a better thing to do and to avoid channel surfing (I am after all a woman :-) ).. well that is other than wonder about the flat looking for something to eat again! Can I hear you say :-O.. yeah well! Anyway there is a police chief in a town in Suffolk who is fighting to keep CCTVs off his streets. I understand where he's coming from considering I hate to feel or be 'watched'. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing to hide... the argument being if you're not guilty then you should not feel oppressed by the cameras AKA Big Brother! But tell me this, have any of you bothered to study the laws being created to support the country-wide installation of these cameras? I'll put it to you like this, your mobile phone is a sure way track you down, given that the signal it sends out will narrow you down to specific co-ordinates or at worst a quadrant of co-ordinates; what else... you're driving down a road, and street cameras ensure you have a current tax disc, and from that current insurance and soon a current and valid UK driving licence! If only George Orwell was alive now, he'd be amazed to find that his book '1984' has truly come to life! Scary! Remember the petition that was on No 10's website in February, the one to scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy. Initially it was claimed by the government that would reduce traffic congestion.... yeah right! The true outcome from implementing this policy would have forced drivers to spend up to £200 for a tracking device and an average of £89 each month in road tolls and that would not have included costs calculated per mile for driving to for example your place of work! And how would this have worked? Simple, by putting up more cameras on the road to scan your vehicle plates, calculate how much mileage you've done and send the bill to your home address, which of course they have in their database! We could go on for ages.. I'll stop now you know am very much against big brother! Yes, some may argue many a criminal has been caught by these cameras thankfully... but like I say I'll rest my case or we could be here till tomorrow.

And O if u live in South London (shows how much am paying attention, I can't tell you which council) there is a young 'fit' black man - Shaun Bailey, a community worker and Director of 'My Generation' who is surprisingly running for a seat as a Tory! Nice eh... seems like Labour has lost their previous 'power to the people' image! Not surprised, seeing as they have been seen and infact have abused the power they were given by the people.. yes it's me and politics again, but isn't it funny that these are the same people who have accused certain individual in certain countries... (well here's a hint, a LARGE continent which they all seem annoyingly to think is one (1) country) of being erm for want of a better word 'corrupt'! Infact they have gone ahead and black-listed some other countries for the acts of some individuals (who usually are a minority) which are identical to those which they have perpetrated! Well me thinks its been a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

At this stage, my afternoon nap beckons.. toodles and may catch you later on.
- 'boo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey...welcome to blogger! Look forward to reading more from you