Tuesday 11 September 2007

Victim of the Fashion Industry

I just realised I've been ignoring all a y'all and am really sorry about that. Just beginning to get my life back into some sort of order. Anyhoo, not to bore you or anything... 'anyhoo' - I am feeling that word now, aren't you? Ok, I digress as always what's up with the fashion industry? First they make our clothes smaller, especially for us 'gifted' women and now they've hit an all time LOW... this time with shoes! Can you believe that? You walk into a store, knowing full well you're a size 5 - that's a continental 38 to the Europeans and a 6.5 to you yanks (hint! hint!... if you need the addy, let me know, will send it with all pleasure). Anyhoo, so I walk into a store (one I've used before o!) and my eyes spot these lovely pair of slippers.....conversation went like this:
Me to the sales girl, 'Do you have this in a size 5 please'.
Sales girl: 'I'll check, please wait'
Me: 'Thanks' (am so polite aren't I?)
5 minutes later
Sales girl: 'Here you go' (thank goodness she didn't say those dreaded words - mam')
So at this point, I try them on.... and yeah, my feet were a bit 'crusty' and shall I add 'corny' at the time but it seemed tight. Used the mirror to see if my feet were 'in' the slippers and yeah they were.... but just didn't feel right. Asked if they had it in a size 6... no joy, but being helpful, they're store in SW London did have it.... too far I thought (I was in the west end. It was a Wednesday and this lady had a groove - actually my b'day party on Friday and I got them in desperation. Tried them on the next day with the party gear and couldn't even walk! (but get this, I could dance... women do I hear some of you men say?) Had my manicure and pedicure .... tried them on, and nope, no joy! So I did the smart thing and got another pair... this time in a 6!! From another store though, but the 5 didn't fit, so it was the 6 I had to buy! Ok so this started with me lamenting about them cheating us first with clothes, now shoes... so how can I (or any of you ladies) get a 'free' pair of shoes off a man that you'll love and WILL fit if sizes aren't consistent? I did ask in Faith where I got the second pair from, and the girl confirmed that shoe sizes have gone smaller. Who the hell do these people make shoes and clothes for? Mini-mes????? I mean, come on people!! There is such a thing as 'average size'..... and average size does not equate to all the lollipop ladies out there (you know, those 'rexy' - as dumb Kate Moss calls herself - more anorexic than rexy, which is a combo from anorexic and sexy .. NOT!) and anyway, have you noticed all those lollipop girls (call them that 'cos they have BIG head and stick thin bodies... urgh!) have big ass feet! So tell me, how can you make shoes smaller then??? No common sense! I am a 5, I like to tell the world am a 5! I enjoy having small feet!!! So why are you making it seem like I have giant feet????? Soon I'll be 'upgraded' to a 7! I might be suing them... stay tuned!

It's 9-11, and we remember all those who lost their lives when those buggers hijacked and crashed planes into the World Trade Center and tried to crash another plane into the Pentagon. May their souls continue to rest in peace. As for them buggers... I hope you got the 24 virgins (or is it 100) that you did all this for .... more like a pit for each of you, filled with serpents with pain-tipped arrows for skin, to welcome you, who'll flay your skin every time you twitch... which will be like mmmm every second!

Hmmm and Gerry and Katie McCann, (parents of 4 year old Madeline McCann who was taken while they were on holiday in Portugal) have been named as suspects in the case of their daughter's disappearance! All I can say is I sure hope the Portuguese KNOW what they're on about... 'cos if the real abductor(s)/killer(s) - God forbid this part are out there, then goodness knows how many more kids are at risk! PLEASE.... I WANT to have kids... and don't need to be looking over my back every second (even though, really if I went on holiday... we either ALL do dinner in a restaurant or dinner in the hotel room)! Call me old fashioned, but when you have a family, your first responsibility aside from God is to them! Anyway, they say her DNA was found in the boot of the car... err folks, it would be. It was afterall the rental they used BEFORE she was taken!! Come on folks... just 'cos they took you guys to court and criticized you for your shall we say inadequacies.... does not make them killers. At this juncture I say... adios, don't want to have to eat my hat if they are the 'whodunits'!

Aiight folks, Veronica Mars time... see ya... O if I don't 'see' you before Saturday.. good luck my beloved team (LIVERPOOL - for those who don't know....) and may we have an 8-0 win this time :). When will the 'Hamster' stop crashing cars? If you're not familiar with Top Gear, that's Richard Hammond... I hope he is ok?

Catch you soon...take care for now.

-'boo xxx

P.s I do hope am entertaining you guys? xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dammy,Hi really enjoying the pics you've been sending to our emails and this blog is a fun read.Keep it up.Teide (Irene)